Friday, September 25, 2015

Drake Reveals The Real Reason He Jumped On Wizkid’s Ojuelegba Remix With Skepta



Canadian rapper, Drake recently featured on the cover story for Fader Magazine. The rapper spoke about an array of things from his relationship with Serena Williams to beef with Meek Mill and the one that concerns us most, the reason he jumped on the cover for Wizkid’s Ojuelegba with UK rap sensation, Skepta.
Here’s an excerpt from the interview below:

I ask him if part of the motivation behind his international outreach is a desire to build audiences in foreign markets—to become a truly global star, having already conquered North America as much as any rapper ever has. On some level, I ask, is doing a song like this summer’s “Ojuelegba (Remix),” which he recorded with Skepta over a hit single by the popular Nigerian rapper Wizkid, a savvy play for audience share?
Drake is not into this theory. “I just did it because I was in the moment,” he says. “I wasn’t thinking like, ‘Oh man, I gotta get my brand up in Nigeria.’” (He hastens to add, with cla$$ic Drake politeness, “Not to say that’s not important. I’m super-honored to be on that song.”)

 Okay, is Wizkid a rapper? (a hit single by the popular Nigerian rapper Wizkid,)

No comments:

Post a Comment